It’s here! We have finally reached the long-awaited week to celebrate green homes. We hope you’re just as excited as we are to kick off World Green Building Week 2018!
Over 250 actions and events around the world – report launches, panel discussions, conferences and more – have been logged on our Global Activity Map.
We could not have achieved these terrific milestones without your support, and for that we are truly grateful.
We’re also excited to announce that WorldGBC’s Europe Regional Network will today be launching a new report: Creating an Energy Efficient Mortgage for Europe: Towards a New Market Standard tackles how Europe should finance the building of an energy efficiency revolution needed to slash the 40% of Europe’s carbon emissions that come from its buildings. Find out more and read the report here.
So, what can you do this World Green Building Week?
- Personalise a #HomeGreenHome Promise sign. Tell the world what measures you’ll take to make the homes you build, lease or live in greener, healthier and more energy efficient. Take a picture with your sign and post it on social media with our hashtags #WGBW2018 and #HomeGreenHome (check out our Twitter account @WorldGBC for examples from our colleagues!)
- Learn, Share, Lead: Send an email to invite your community to events and get them to join the #HomeGreenHome conversation on social media. Find events near you on the Global Activity Map.
- Join our webinars: We’re hosting a series of webinars through our Advancing Net Zero and Better Places for People projects – click the links for registration details.
- Paint your town green! Co-brand and share the WGBW resources with your network. We have released two new visuals this week, available for social media, A4 portrait & landscape posters and web banners in English, Spanish and without text – preview them above and below and download them from the WGBW resources page.
- One direct message can go a long way! Just one tweet from a key social media influencer in your geographic area can be a major benefit for the global campaign. Send a Direct Message (DM) in your local language to a national organisation, politician or business and ask for their participation. Here’s a suggested message:
- Hello [name/organisation]! We are taking part in World Green Building Week this week, and were hoping you would be willing to post a tweet or two to help support the global movement towards greener buildings. I’ve included a link to @WorldGBC’s social media pack! Thanks so much in advance, [Name].”
- Need more ideas? Download our How to Get Involved Guide today and share it with your member companies and partners.
Together, we can make this the most successful World Green Building Week yet, and secure a world of green homes for our planet.