Dear GBCs, Partners and green building advocates,
Welcome to the second Round up of World Green Building Week 2021:
- Watch the Climate Week NYC interview led by Cristina Gamboa, CEO, WorldGBC
- WGBW21 Ambassador, Nigel Topping, UN High-Level Climate Action Champion for COP26, shares his #BuildingResilience message
- Leaders across our network share their insights for #BuildingResilience in our #WGBW21 thought leadership series
There’s still time to get involved:
- Download our social media kit, join the campaign by using #WGBW21 and #BuildingResilienceand create your own poster using our #BuildingResilience infographic
- Register your event to our Global Activity Map
As we draw to the end of our 2021 World Green Building Week, we thank you for your support in what has been an exceptional example of leadership, learning and collaboration.
Climate Week NYC interview
In this session, The Future Of Buildings: From dumb to digital, Cristina Gamboa, CEO, WorldGBC, leads a wide discussion with a panel of experts on the built environment.
Meet our #WGBW21 Ambassadors
WGBW21 Ambassador, Nigel Topping, UN High-Level Climate Action Champion for COP26, shares his powerful #BuildingResilience message.
#WGBW21 Thought Leadership blog series
Throughout the week, leaders across our network have shared their insights for #BuildingResilience in our #WGBW21 thought leadership series, highlighting the role sustainable buildings play in #BuildingResilience to climate change and for people and economies:
- How sustainable buildings are #BuildingResilience and driving the Sustainable Development Goals – Cristina Gamboa, CEO, WorldGBC
- On the road to COP26, we need ambitious climate action and transparent reporting – Ibrahim Al-Zu’bi, Chief Sustainability Officer at Majid Al Futtaim
- How the real estate sector can promote ecosystem collaboration – Esther An, Chief Sustainability Officer at City Developments Limited (CDL)
- Climate action and humanity’s ‘code red’– Knauf Insulation
- Sustainable construction in the face of climate change – BASF
- Building with a conscience: stewardship & stakeholder engagement – Edo Rem, Director Marketing Forbo Flooring Systems
- Safety + Sustainability = 3 Cs – Signify
- We have one decade to act – Multiplex
- Decarbonisation: what are you waiting for? – Dave Hopping, CEO, Smart Infrastructure Solutions & Services, Siemens Smart Infrastructure
Europe needs to get tough and switch to LED to meet its emission reduction targets – Neil Pattie, Head of External Communications, Signify.
Become a partner of Build Better Now at the COP26 Built Environment Virtual Pavilion
Together with the UKGBC and over 40+ Delivery Partners, WorldGBC will launch ‘Build Better Now’ at the Built Environment Virtual Pavilion at COP26, which will be an engaging, virtual experience and event series showcasing some of the most innovative design projects from around the world which demonstrate the opportunities for sustainability in the Built Environment.
Build Better Now is a digital showcase and events series that the whole GBC network can utilise to highlight the Built Environment’s role in climate change mitigation throughout the COP26 Conference in November. It provides a valuable platform for member and stakeholder engagement, visualising the opportunities for transformation and convening the many stakeholders required to do so through a diverse series of events.
If you would like to champion ‘Build Better Now’ in your country or find out how it can support your membership and stakeholder engagement around COP26, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the videos and recordings from #WGBW21
If you missed an event or would like to watch the videos from the week, then you can visit our YouTube #WGBW21 playlist.
Watch Green Building Councils unite in #BuildingResilience video
Green Building Councils across the globe record a video to advocate for #BuildingResilience
Switzerland – How far are we from net-zero buildings? WBCSD, ARUP
- Emirates GBC launched an Embodied Carbon case study
- GBC Australia shared their latest paper #GreenStar in Focus: Resilience in the built environment
- GBC Finland published a draft Carbon Neutral Built Environment Action Plan
- Singapore GBC launched an Embodied Carbon Pledge
- GBC Finland published a draft Carbon Neutral Built Environment Action Plan and are consulting on their draft national roadmap
- Singapore GBC launched an Embodied Carbon Pledge
- Chile GBC has launched a Sustainable Landscaping Manual and a Health and Wellbeing Projects +Safe Building Seal and +GreenProduct Label
- Philippines GBC will host it’s 15th Building Green Conference BG2021 and is conducting pilot trainings for its certification tools in Health and Wellbeing for Buildings and BERDE-Districts Pilot Version
- To mark World Green Buildings Week, media outlet edie has rounded-up some of the most innovative solutions available that are helping to improve sustainability across the built environment sector
- Hong Kong GBC, together with the Construction Industry Council, have organised the campaign Hong Kong Green Building Week to promote the awareness on green buildings, with the aim to drive behavioural change
- Join partners from across Africa for the Race to Resilience at Africa Climate Week on 28 September.